I just love Turkish television: You can watch the pictures without getting invested in the ads because they speak this weird language that no one understands. So I feel safe in recommending this ad for a bank in Turkey, because the pictures are worth at least 2,000 words. To see this gem, click on Click.+ + + + + + + +
Hospital regulations require a wheelchair for most patients when they're being discharged. However, this girl working as a student nurse found one elderly gentleman -- already dressed and sitting on the bed with a suitcase as his feet -- who insisted he didn't need her help to leave the hospital.
After a chat about rules being rules, he reluctantly let the nurse wheel him to the elevator. On the way down, she asked if his wife was meeting him.
"I don't know," he said. "I think she's still upstairs in the bathroom changing out of her hospital gown."
+ + + + + + + +
An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house and, after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen. The two gentlemen were talking and one said, "Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great. I would recommend it very highly."
The other man said, "What is the name of the restaurant?"
The first man thought and thought and finally said, "What is the name of that flower you give to someone you love? You know...the one that's red and has thorns?"
"Do you mean a rose?"
"Yes," replied the first man, "that's the one." He then turned toward the kitchen and called out, "Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?"
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is wrinkles. N., frozen laughter. Def.: Nostalgic reminiscenses of a million smiles.

No comments:
Post a Comment