Followers

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Warning: Nobody Home

Yesterday I wrote that since I'm sick I wouldn't be posting anymore. But I am going to leave the site up in case I someday can resume. After today, don't look for anything new here.

One last tale of yore:

When I was a kid (58 years ago) I worked on a road crew with a bunch of guys from Bulgaria or Romania or Vampire State University. Their language sounded kind of neat so I asked them to teach me some of it. So Ravil says he would teach me one phrase, and one phrase only. He says (this is phonetic): "Eide ostetsa ohna ogranac."

Horse: "What's it mean, oh wise one?"

Ravil: "It means 'Go get me some water.' That's all rookies need to know."

+ + + + + + + +

Okay, that's it. I'm worn out from all that sinning.

But I want to tell you one last thing I've learned about some people in The Old Folks' Home:

I don't have much patience with people who don't have any patience.

24 comments:

  1. Nobody home my arse. I hope you are doing well. :)
    Lois Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admit it -- this was all a publicity stunt, wasn't it? (Glad you got it up for one more post). Stop that! A mature person would NOT snicker at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh heavens, Hoss -- I know it wasn't a publicity stunt. Just my weird attempt at humor. Thanks for stopping by the OkeyDoke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep saying, "okay, one more." We'll all be happy, you'll have your creative outlet, it will help you feel better faster, and you won't have to give up your star status.

    Come on, Hoss. You know what happens when you stop doing things you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Dw i eisiau dwr" (Doo-wee isho dure) means "I want water" in Welsh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get better soon and can share some more of those great stories with everyone.

    Later!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gutted that I just found your blog. Wish I'd been following it for longer.

    I wish you well Old Horsetail Snake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. die..old man ..die !!
    errr...can i keep your bedpan after ur gone ?? i need a new helmet...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lothario: You know how I always bitching about needing money, so tell you what: You write me a $10 check for that bedpan. Soon's it gets here I'll live up to my part of the bargain by cashing in my chips. Don't paint the helmet shit brown in my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog and have been laughing my arse off all day. Please come back...I haven't laughed like that in a long time...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I go missing for a few days and THIS is what happens?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:13 AM

    Seriously.. I just got here an yer' closing up shop... seriously, you can't cash in your gold paved street yet... get yer arse back to makin with the funny stories! ;)

    cheers.

    P.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Handsome,
    I know you are reading these comments and so I simply wanted to stop by and say hello and offer a virtual hug.

    Be good and well.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. was thinking of a colour more like menstrual-red. atleast that'll get all those womens libbers off my back . as for the cash.i'll be sending you the money soon.its 10$ yellow bill signed by the parker brothers and some guy named hasbro. will do.... right ??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:11 PM

    LoThAriO: I think you try to Monopolize my time. Red ok. I shit bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know you ain't home dagnamit! I was just having some wishful thinking. Thanks for continuing to visit my blog. I hope you are feeling fit as a fiddle!
    Lois Lane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous8:50 PM

    Welcome Back. You Must take care, OldHoss.

    ReplyDelete
  18. can i use ur 'nads after u kick the bucket ?? mine've got hernia ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Godspeed old boy. Don't scratch at the varicose with your ragged yellow nails. You'll just rupture and depart this mortal coil faster if you do.

    Hope you return.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i hope everything's OK, horsetail...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous10:05 AM

    Michele sent me, and you are quite funny. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  22. There's is no sense of obligation here kind sir. I just wanted to pop in say I hope you are well and to say Happy Easter and have a great weekend!
    Lois Lane

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello. I found you via Michele's site.

    You are too funny. PLEASE write more!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous7:29 PM

    Michelle sent me but I would have been here sooner had I know you were still on the computer. I hope everything is going well. Loved your last line about patience.

    ReplyDelete