Followers

Sunday, December 03, 2006

And Then Kipling Said......

My buddy Feelgood Haines jumped me bright and early today.

"Hoss," he says in that whiny pinched voice of his. "Folks tell me you been callin' me a hillbilly."

"Oh, I wouldn't do that," I said disarmingly. "Everybody knows you West Virginia people is some kinda folks."

"I will have you know that 'hillbilly' is now politically UN-correct," says Feelgood. "We-uns is now officially 'Ozark-Americans.'"

"Huh," says I. (I am always ready with the riposte.)

"Yeah," Feelgood says. "So now excuse me; I got some possums to fry."

+ + + + + + + +

I descended from a very long line my mother once foolishly listened to. --Phyllis Diller.

+ + + + + + + +

The head doctor (conjures up visions, don't it?) is doing the morning rounds with his students. He pauses before a patient and says, "This man limps because his fibula and tibia are badly arched. Bernie, what would you do in a case like this?"

Bernie: "Yeah, well, um...Yes, I think I'd limp too."

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite phrase today is middle age. N., when you and I were young, Maggie. Def.: When you still believe you'll feel better in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment