Followers

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hell From Mr. Basket Case

I didn't know Scamp was taking pictures of me in all my glory. So here are some randomized thefts from her camera. This picture is of me on our hotel's patio, trying to pick up an Internet connection. I am "blanketed" to block out the sun. No soap. One has to go to one's hotel lobby to pick up one's connection.

Here I be doing my rest-up exercises: Watching TV. I can also watch TV from my bed. But I don't much watch much, because this hotel cheaped out on the connection. We can get ABC, CBS, NBC, Public Television, and ESPN. Fortunately we get Monday Night Football. It starts at 2:30 p.m.

If I am going to go anywhere, which I am, Scamp has to give me a ride. Here I am at the Honolulu Zoo, watching monkeys watching me. It seems I can only walk a block without having to stop for a rest. The Zoo is about 300 rests away, meaning it would take 2 million light years, or thereabouts, for me to walk there. Scamp is a cool cat.

This is in here to prove we have a bathroom. Scamp set me up in a chair, since it takes quite awhile for me to do my lave. I take these pills: Chloresterol, thyroid, edema, allergy, baby aspirin, Prilosec, fish oil, vitamin C, multi-vitamin and iron. I also use two inhalers, albuterol and Spiriva. Then I go to breakfast and announce that I couldn't eat another bite.

From this vantage point I can keep in touch with you: This is me in the hotel lobby. From here I can type some useless facts, like, the most expensive home in nearby Kahala has four bedrooms and a gardener, who keeps the place spiffy for the once-a-year visit by its owner, a Japanese businessman. He shelled out $64 million for the house, which isn't even on the beach.

Two can play this game: This is a picture of Scamp on the local boardwalk (which is made of concrete). She did not know I took this picture. We seem to be equally sly.

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite word today is nap. N., a putdown of your kid. Def.: My happy hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment