Followers

Monday, November 12, 2007

Hang Me Loose, Moose!

If it hadn't been for the picture, the tale of how this moose got up there would not be believable.

"This happened near Fairbanks, Alaska. Some workers were laying new power cables, which were strung on the ground for miles. The moose are rutting right now and are very agitated. He was thrashing around and got his antlers stuck in the cables. When the men, miles away, began pulling the lines up with their big equipment, the moose went up too. The workers noticed excess tension in the lines and went searching for the problem. He was still alive when they lowered him to the ground. The moose was a 60-inch bull -- who was slightly peeved."

+ + + + + + + +

Lame joke of the day:

What goes dot-dot-croak, dot-dash-croak? Morse toad.

+ + + + + + + +

Have you seen this yet? Click on the download under the blank picture. Its title: Why Men Die Early...

+ + + + + + + +

I have started writing this book. I have written quite a few words (600?) and it is going swimmingly. Maybe 500 words. It is about this pastor who dances in a gay bar and who has an unfaithful wife. So we get to see all kinds of savory creatures.

I can't imagine it being a best seller at this point. I think I am going to have to invent a new character -- some old guy who is short of breath because the Surgeon General didn't warn us about cigarettes soon enough. Some guy like me.

Now I think we got the makings of something good.

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite word today is Amished. N., one of them Pennsylvania people. Def.: Hungering for a simpler way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment