Some people here in The Old Folks' Home are starting to take me into their confidence. I think they figure that since they have bored everybody else here to tears I will write up their stories on the internet, and then they can take a whack at boring you. Glad to help.
Carolina Sister told me she and her daughter, Tilde, had a discussion about "my Last Will and Temperamental." She said, "I got a statute in there that says I'm going to take all my money with me. But Tilde said I would really be uncomfortable in a casket stuffed with hundred-dollar bills; I'd just have no elbow room. So Tilde said to give her all the money and when I go to my Last Reward she would toss in a big check so I could get me some hats, Depends and manicures in the Great Beyond.
"Don't you just love a daughter who would look after her Mom's comfort like that?
"And did you know they have manicures in Heaven?"
I said, "Sure. And they got dementia here in Hell."
+ + + + + + + +
Yesterday it was beautiful here in Oregon. Seventy degrees, low humidity. Six kids playing in a street full of hydrant water got run down by trucks, and my neighbor Georgina Teatsuckle gave me something to chew. All in all, a pretty good day.
+ + + + + + + +
I have a new friend who lives up in one of the Twin Cities. I don't remember which one; Beirut, I think. His name is Chris Cope. I got a link to him down there in the lower left. He said he Googled me and found out I used to be Oregon public utility commissioner, and that I should own up to it.
Well, it's true. I regulated the rates and service terms of the electric, telephone and gas utilities, the intrastate trucking companies, and private water companies. It was a big job, and I could only play golf Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
One time a lawyer called me and said the telephone company was trying to cut off his service for nonpayment, and he wanted me to stop 'em.
I said, "Well, you're a lawyer. You must be making piles. Why don't you pay?"
He said, "Oh, I don't charge my clients. You think I should take money from people just to give it to the phone company? What kind of guy do you think I am?"
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(328)
-
▼
March
(18)
- Ol' Hoss Has the Midas Touch
- Ta Da!! We'll All Be Rich
- Me and Tawnya and Michelle
- The News Isn't Always Bad
- Haloscan commenting and trackback have been added ...
- A "No Smoking" Zone
- Warning: Nobody Home
- Hoss Bitches, Then Bows
- horse in hospital
- A Sad Excuse for a Family Tree
- The Escapist & the Fisher Folk
- In Praise of Hoss
- Another Day in the Life
- Pot Pourri
- The Old Guy Drops In; Lessons in Scat
- Shafted Again, I Fight Back
- I'm Busy (Well, the Genius Is)
- To Hell With Me
-
▼
March
(18)
Wednesday, March 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aha! I knew it. Now if you could have someone turn my gas back on, I'd appreciate it. I've been using stacks of matches for cooking and I think last night's fish was a little off.
ReplyDeleteI now have a new nickname for my wife. Georgina Teatsuckle. Love it!
ReplyDeleteMissed your post yesterday. What the #$%^?
I used to have a GF named Teatsuckle, or was that.. Fartbuckle, hmmmm loads of fun either way!!
ReplyDeleteWhy are all my commenters funnier than I am? Damn.
ReplyDelete