Followers

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It Takes a Licking and Keeps on Lifting

So the teacher asked Michael, "If you were on a date, having dinner with a nice young lady, how would you tell her that you have to go to the restroom?"

Michael said, "Just a minute. I have to go pee."

The teacher (this is my buddy Margaret, I'm thinking) replied, "That would be rude and impolite. What about you, Paul, how would you say it?"

"I am sorry, but I really need to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back."

Margaret responded, "That's better, but it's still not very mannerly to say the word 'bathroom' at the table. And you, Johnny, are you able to use your intelligence for once and show us your good manners?"

Johnny said, "I would say, 'Darling, may I please be excused for a moment? I have to shake hands with a very dear friend of mine, whom I hope you'll get to meet after dinner.'"

(Credit where credit is due: I got this from Theresa, but I don't know which b**g she owns. You're a bad boy, Hoss.)

+ + + + + + + +

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance.

+ + + + + + + +

A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite phrase today is far out. Adj., Where's Captain Kirk? Def.: The distance between your outstretched fingertips and the hand of the guy who's trying to save you from falling off the roof.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:00 PM

    I can picture Margaret saying those things and then something more at Johnny's response.

    I decided I would only comment here if I can be first. Et vous?

    ReplyDelete