I cannot figure out whether this bear is waiting for lunch or is just settling in for a game of parcheesi (clearly, somebody else has the game board).Oregon has black bears, and you often will see them when you take a float trip down the Rogue River. Often, we would see them at night when they came in to raid our camp supplies.
We had a plan to save our beans and steak from those beasties, however. We would pile beer cans on the coolers, and the noise that was made when the black beans made for a raid was quite noisily.
Then later in the day when we would walk for aways on the Rogue River Trail we would come across rattlesnakes. To which we gave large elbow room.
I quit all this nonsense when I got to be 55 or so. But it wasn't because of the bears or the snakes or the treacherous bears. No. It was because the guy who used to bring the brownies quit making the trip.
+ + + + + + + +
The part that was in here about Sarah Palin and the books has been removed because it was all wrong, for which I apologize. Bad on me.
My favorite phrase today is value investing. N., it went thataway. Def.: The art of buying low and selling lower.

No comments:
Post a Comment