Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(157)
-
▼
July
(13)
- Children Have All the Answers
- Science Fun for You
- Everybody onto the Short Bus
- I Swiped This From Della
- The Devil Made Me Do It
- They Gotta Learn Some Way
- What Married Women Know
- This Won't Hurt a Little Bit
- The Great I Am
- Having Fun With Your Brakes
- You Can Thank Me Later
- I Look Good in Ketchup
- For July, We Get Rabbits and Boids
-
▼
July
(13)
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Having Fun With Your Brakes
Way back in 1936, before you were born, I was riding a little horse. Here is me, taking my folks to the cleaners. (Recall this is during the depression, and a horse ride/photo were going for $3.)
Anyway, I just wanted to show you this because I was so pretty then. Still am, I guess.
+ + + + + + + +
Today, over at Mamacita's Place, Jane is hosting some people who want to comment on this: "What better way to keep informed about our children's education, i.e., our nation's future, than to read what concerned educators and parents have to say." I am long past school-age parenting days and am not an educator, so naturally I threw my two cents in. Go take a peek.
+ + + + + + + +
This might come in handy sometime. As shown on the Tonight Show, it was a crafty way to steal gas.
+ + + + + + + +
So a mushroom walks into a bar, jumps up on the stool and orders a root beer. The bartender explained that they don't serve mushrooms here and that he had better leave. The mushroom was understandably angry, but left the bar.
Later, he thought it over and got dressed in his best '70s clothes. He wore his best gold chain, put on his cool '70s sneakers, and returned to the bar. As soon as he jumped back on the stool, the bartender asked, "Aren't you the same mushroom I kicked out of here earlier?"
The mushroom replied, "No, I'm just a fun guy."
(Ho ho har de har har. Just twisted my knickers.)
+ + + + + + + +
You've heard the old one, "Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother"? Yes? Well, you also want to be kind to your insect neighbors, especially my favorite, the dung beetle.
According to MSNBC, if not for dung beetles, manure on grazing land would attract more flies and parasites that farmers would have to control. Also, dung beetles help return nutrients to the soil. Without dung beetles, farmers would have to spend more on fertilizer. Annual value of dung beetles: $380 million.
Hoo boy and boy howdy.
+ + + + + + + +
You will be surprised to learn that much of modern technology has roots that go far back into history. For example, in the Middle Ages, workers in a popular food shop were allowed to eat anything in the store.
But there were a couple of conditions. Workers were required to eat the food only during their lunch break, and one expensive item was off-limits: thinly sliced smoked salmon.
So, you see, that was the origin of......anti-lox breaks.
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is cancelled. Adj., possibly the play where you have the lead. Def.: This is what they do to a product that you really like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment