At left is my message to Qwest, my local telephone company. Also I could add: Up yours (theirs, not YOURS).I am not sure this post will be here today. Or if there will be any post on Sunday. Or Monday. But I guess you can come see.
What's happening is that I have a DSL line in my current apartment -- No. 111 -- in the Ancient People's Housing. According to the telephone company's computer, there is no DSL line available for my new digs, No. 205, which is approximately 75 feet from here.

Now, if PEOPLE were in charge of the universe, this would be easy. But when the machines took over, well just lookee here:
I'll be back when you see me. Maybe even before then.
+ + + + + + + +
This pirate walks into a bar with a big ship's wheel stuck down his pants. The bartender says, "Excuse me, sir, but do you know you have a ship's wheel down the front of your pants?"
And the pirate says, "Aaaargh, it's drivin' me nuts!"
(Thanks, Bonnie Belle.)
+ + + + + + + +
Lucy says you'll know you're under too much stress "when you ask the drive-thru attendant if you can get your order to go."
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is follow-up. N., semi-social behavior. Def.: Stalking a homely women in a department store so she'll have something to tell her roommate.

No comments:
Post a Comment