Followers

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

That a Shriner Hat?

My pal Sudiegirl said I had to put this picture on my b**g. Well, maybe it wasn't Sudie. Maybe it was her cat, Chelmsford, who guest posted for Sudie and instructed: "You needs put picture in post too so everybody can see how bee-yoo-tee-ful it is. Dat way you share dee luv." (Her cat apparently is two ticks short of a minute.)

What the cat (?) wants to know is where I would put this monkey in my house if I had it. I am happy to oblige.

1. First I would see how well it fits in my garbage can.

2. Or, I would put it on the patio to scare the starlings away.

3. Or, I would put it on the front porch to scare vacuum cleaner salespersons away.

4. Or, best of all, I would convert it into a pinata, and give the illegal immigrants some punchbag time.

+ + + + + + + +

Go here to see what lengths some guys will go to catch a ride.

+ + + + + + + +

Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?

Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?

Why are they called "stands" when they are made for sitting?

Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?

Why is phonics not spelled the way it sounds?

How come abbreviated is such a long word?

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Why do we sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" when we are already there?

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite word today is ohnosecond. N., only takes a minute. Def.: That minuscule fraction of time in which you realize that you've just made a BIG error. (Like after hitting send on an email by mistake.)

No comments:

Post a Comment