Followers

Friday, July 27, 2007

A Traveling We Will Go....

A couple days ago, Scamp and I went motoring (heh. how the British speak) westward to a place called Butteville, which is pretty close to Champoeg, which is where Oregon was born. (Are you keeping up?) I didn't get any pictures of Buttville (cq) for I had no camera. But I did get an ice cream cone. And on returning home, I got THIS picture, from our very own garden.

Stargazer, who b**gs under that name and also as my buddy Teacher Woman, will love this. For her stargazers were a bust this year. Not ours. Our stargazer plant is healthy, and it is pretty because I said so.

So, about Champoeg. Many years ago (around 158 years, or so), a bunch of free white men (that's a slur) got together in a field at Champoeg, and one of them says, "Who's for a divide?" So they did -- one side for joining the United States, and one side for joining....wait for it....FRANCE!! As you might expect, France did not win.

+ + + + + + + +

Some preacher is appearing in Portland who claims you don't need to be worried about going to Heaven, because everybody is. He has this weird claim that it doesn't matter if you're saved, just as long as you believe IN HIM!! I love this, for it means we atheists skate. Muslims, too, for all that means.....

+ + + + + + + +

If God has no home address, is he homeless?

+ + + + + + + +

Strange facts: In Romania, a convicted murderer sued God. Pavel Mircea, who is serving 20 years, filed suit against God two years ago for not protecting him from "evils." Mircea also wanted financial compensation for all the money he spent on candles and church services that he claims did not help him, either.

Unfortunately, it looks bad for God, for no lawyers have ever made it to Heaven.

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite word today is Frisbeetarianism. N., sail me on a slow boat to China. Def.: The belief that, after death, the soul flies up onto the roof and gets stuck there.

No comments:

Post a Comment