Boy howdy, I am no good. Here it is January three and I didn't put up a rabbit. Now about all I can do is save what's left of the good luck in this month and hope not too much damage has been done. Rabbit! Rabbit!+ + + + + + + +
According to the Forest Service, these are actual comments left on registration sheets and comment cards by packers completing camping trips:
- A small deer came into my camp and stole my bag of pickles. Is there a way I can get reimbursed? Please call.- I found a smoldering cigarette left by a horse.
- Trails need to be reconstructed. Please avoid building trails that go uphill.
- Too many bugs and leeches and spiders and spider webs. Please spray the wilderness to rid the area of these pests.
- Please pave the trails so they can be plowed of snow in the winter.
- Instead of a permit system of regulations, the Forest Service needs to reduce worldwide population growth to limit the number of visitors to the wilderness.
- Reflectors need to be placed on trees every 50 feet so people can hike at night with flashlights.
- Need more signs to keep area pristine.
- A McDonald's would be nice at trail's head.
- The places where trails do not exist are not well-marked.
+ + + + + + + +
Let's see if I understand how the world works lately:
- If a man cuts his finger off while slicing salami at work, he blames the knife.
- If you smoke three packs a day for 40 years and die of lung cancer, your family blames the tobacco company.
- If your neighbor crashes into a tree while driving home drunk, the police blame the bartender.
- If your grandchildren are brats without manners, their parents blame television.
- If your friend is shot by a deranged madman, the press blames the gun manufacturers.
- If a crazed person breaks into the cockpit and tries to kill the pilot at 35,000 feet, and the passengers kill him instead, the mother of the crazy deceased man blames the airline.
Maybe I have lived too long to understand the world anymore. So if I died while my old wrinkled butt is parked in front of this computer, I want you all to blame Bill Gates.
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is pointless. Adj., I don't see no rime to it, Lester. Def.: Trying to write with a broken pencil.

No comments:
Post a Comment