Followers

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Question Me This

Psychiatrists and Advice Columnists have trouble fitting in. According to me.



+ + + + + + + +

Dear Hoss:

My 40-year-old son has been paying a psychiatrist $50 an hour every week for two and a half years. He must be crazy.

Half-Crazed in Cleveland

Dear Half:

No, it is the psychiatrist who is crazy. No doctor works that cheap.


Dear Hoss:

I have a man I can't trust. He cheats so much, I'm not even sure the baby I'm carrying is his.

Pronged in Pocono

Dear Two Cards Short:

If your pronger looks like Yoda but the baby doesn't, I'd be a little suspicious.


Dear Hoss:

My mother is mean and short-tempered. I think she is going through mental pause.

Befuddled in Baltimore

Dear Fuddle:

I doubt it. Anyone who is mean and short-tempered has lost all her mentals.


Dear Hoss:

Our son writes that he is studying Judo. Why would a boy who was raised in a good Christian home turn against his own?

Yours in Jesus the Son

Dear Sonny:

Judo is not a religion (it is one of the few words in the English language that somebody has not prayed to, on or about.) Judo is a way of pouring coffee at Starbuck's.


(Here's somebody else who seems to be out of place.)


Dear Hoss:

I am a 23-year-old liberated woman who has been on the pill for two years. It's getting expensive and I think my boyfriend should share half the cost, but I don't know him well enough to discuss money with him.

Lack-a-Moolah in Lackawanna

Dear Lacking:

Start out slowly. Discuss little things, like pounds and rubles and francs. As soon as his eyes glaze over, hand him a bill.


+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is screech! N., I can't stand this!!! Def.: The ghastly sound made by owls and beginning violinists.

No comments:

Post a Comment