I live in what is called, formally, an Assisted Living Community Center. That's a euphemism for old folks' home. There are about 60 of us, of varying ages, condition and intent (some came to live, some came to die). Our ages range from 67 to 102. The 102 is in better shape than the 67. "So it goes," as Kurt Vonnegut said, often, in "Breakfast of Champions." So, this is our story, one comic or tragi-comic piece at a time. And, for the record, some of these stories are true!
+ + + + + + + + +
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(328)
-
▼
January
(22)
- Diversity (Rant Division)
- A Lesson in Civics
- I'm Odd, Not Strange
- We Pick the Oscar Winner
- Born to Run, On and On and On
- You're So Lucky
- Maybe I'm Drunk
- All Booked Up
- You Don't Need to Know This
- Sex on Crutches
- I Can't Win -- and Don't
- What's This on My Plate?
- Music Hath Charmins
- Dreaming and Other Cabbages
- The Elderly Get Screwed
- Gimme That Old Time Religion
- It's a Rap
- A Site to Behold
- It Was No Cakewalk, After All
- Careful Where You Sit
- What Is This?
- Short Shrift Sunday #8
-
▼
January
(22)
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hey I love it, now I truely have something to look foreward to. I was raised by the best step Dad ever, this is ol' horsetail himself. Hes has always had a way to dry my tears and bring a smile to my face. I'm sure that all the folk in his assisted living area are really chuckling inside. You know smiling causes wrinkles and they woulnd want that.
ReplyDelete