This morning we had our Food Service Committee meeting. Several of the Old Folks in the Old Timers' Home talk with the Food Service Director (FSD) about various and sundry: late service, hairnets on the servers, why we have rice every day, bubble gum under the seats. The usual. Today, Nellie Nervous joined us, with some questions:
Nellie: "What were those goose droppings on my plate this morning?"
FSD: "We don't serve goose droppings (she meant they don't serve them often, I think).
Nellie: "Then what were they?"
FSD (it dawns on her): "Those were sausage links."
Nellie: "What were those rabbit droppings that came with the oatmeal?"
FSD (catching on, and getting into the swing of things): "Raisins."
Nellie: "Well, at lunch I was served a cow pie."
FSD: "Beef casserole."
Nellie: "And it came with a horse apple."
FSD: "Bran muffin."
Nellie: "And baby poo."
FSD: "Pureed squash."
Nellie: "I'm relieved." (Pun intended? Nah.) "What if an elephant drops in?"
The food here is really rather fine. We have pork chops in applesauce, baby beef pot roast, citrus shrimp, crab louis, apple cobbler, etc. All this is good shit.
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(328)
-
▼
January
(22)
- Diversity (Rant Division)
- A Lesson in Civics
- I'm Odd, Not Strange
- We Pick the Oscar Winner
- Born to Run, On and On and On
- You're So Lucky
- Maybe I'm Drunk
- All Booked Up
- You Don't Need to Know This
- Sex on Crutches
- I Can't Win -- and Don't
- What's This on My Plate?
- Music Hath Charmins
- Dreaming and Other Cabbages
- The Elderly Get Screwed
- Gimme That Old Time Religion
- It's a Rap
- A Site to Behold
- It Was No Cakewalk, After All
- Careful Where You Sit
- What Is This?
- Short Shrift Sunday #8
-
▼
January
(22)
Wednesday, January 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment