Followers

Saturday, March 03, 2007

A Voice Out of the Past

This is pretty silly, huh? But, what the hey, this whole b**g is silly. But not without merit. No.

See, nearly two years ago I wrote a little missive about my life in the Old Cacklers' Home, and it went somethin' like this:

"I asked Nervous Nelly this: If you were administrator here, would you populate this place with more people like you, or with more people like me?"

And so I just got to wonderin' how I could make this useful for more folks. So, here's my question: "If somebody has to die, would you rather it was you, or me?"

Take your time....

+ + + + + + + +

A West Virginia sophomore calls Delta and asks, "Can you tell me how long it takes to fly from Charleston to New York City?"

Delta agent says, "Uh, just a minute...."

Sophomore says: "Oh, thanks." And hangs up.

+ + + + + + + +

I was reading about bad error messages you might get from Microsoft or Unix. Here are two examples:

"Your system shell has changed. The Compaq software will work with your new shell, but the new shell will not work with your Compaq software. Do you wish to keep your Compaq software working? Click 'Yes' if you are unsure."

"You need to supply a fax number for your request not to have fax notifications to be processed."

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite phrase today is pap smear. N., the ladies will love this one. Def.: A lie about someone's father.

No comments:

Post a Comment