Followers

Saturday, March 08, 2008

I Am a Sucker for Memories

Miz Mell has tagged Ol' Hoss with a short meme, and lucky she did for I found some jewels in following the rules.

What Mell said to do was find a book with at least 123 pages, find the fifth sentence on the page, and then publish the next three sentences. Ho ho har de har har. Look how Hoss lucked out:

"Why is getting to level four of Tomb Raiders no problem but to have a simple conversation I had to stand on a hilltop with my nuts wrapped in tinfoil? When it comes to cell phones, I just need the basics: something that rings at inappropriate moments, interferes with airplane safety, and gives me a brain tumor.

"Don't try to talk to me about Desperate Housewives. If I had the slightest interest in other people's sex lives, I'd be a Republican."

(You'll never find three better sentences than these I got out of "New Rules," by Bill Maher.)

+ + + + + + + +

Just think: In about 7-8 months you will be raking leaves again. And here's what's wrong with that.

+ + + + + + + +

A first grade teacher collected well-known proverbs. She gave each child in the class the first half of a proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of it. Whether this is aprochyphal, I don't know. But it's cute. Here are various and assorted proverb endings that her students delivered:

Better to be safe than...........Punch a fifth grader.
Strike while the.................Bug is close.
It's always darkest before.......Daylight Saving Time.
Never underestimate the power of....Termites.
You can lead a horse to water but...How?
Don't bite the hand that........Looks dirty.
No news is......................Impossible.
A miss is as good as a..........Mr.
You can't teach an old dog new.....Math.
If you lie down with dogs, you'll..Stink in the morning.
Love all, trust.................Me.
The pen is mightier than the....Pigs.
An idle mind is.................The best way to relax.
Where there's smoke, there's....Pollution.
Happy the bride who.............Gets all the presents.
A penny saved is................Not much.
Two's company, three's..........The Musketeers.
Don't put off til tomorrow what....you put on to go to bed.
None is so blind as.............Stevie Wonder
Laugh and the whole world laughs with you,
cry and..........You have to blow your nose.

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite word today is secret. N., now don't pass this on.... Def.: Something you tell to one person at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment