Followers

Friday, March 28, 2008

Turnabout Is Fairest Play

A man who smelled like a distillery flopped on a subway seat next to a priest. The man's tie was stained, his face was plastered with red lipstick, and a half-empty bottle of gin was sticking out of his torn coat pocket.

He opened his newspaper and began reading. After a few minutes the disheveled guy turned to the priest and said, "Say, Father, what causes arthritis?"

"Mister, it's caused by loose living, being with cheap, wicked women, too much alcohol and a contempt for your fellow man," the priest responded.

"Well, I'll be darned," the drunk muttered, returning to his paper.

The priest, thinking about what he had said, nuded the man and apologized. "I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to come on so strong. Tell me, how long have you had arthritis?"

"I don't have it, Father. I was just reading that the Pope has it."

+ + + + + + + +

A Texan wanted to go ice fishing. He'd seen many boioks on the subject and, finally, after getting all the necessary tools he made for the nearest frozen lake. After positioning his comfy footstool, he started to make a circular cut in the ice.

Suddenly -- from the sky -- a voice boomed, "THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE!" Startled, the Texan moved further down the ice, poured a Thermo of cappuccino, and began to cut yet another hole. Again, from the heavens, the voice boomed, "THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE!"

He stopped, looked skyward, and said, "Is that you, Lord?"

The voice replied, "No, I'm the Ice-Arena Manager."

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite word today is choir. N., mama sang bass, daddy sang tenor... Def.: A group of people whose singing allows the rest of the church-goers to lip-sync.

No comments:

Post a Comment