Followers

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Fee Fie Fo Fum, I Smell Something

Chelsea Clinton recently discussed current events with a U.S. soldier.


She asked if, as an American fighting man, anything scared him. He told her there were only three things that he feared:




1) Osama


2) Obama



3) And Yo Momma



+ + + + + + + +

Ho ho har de har har. I love this work.

Meanwhile, not many of you (none, actually) know that I am a client of Hospice. If you don't know what Hospice is, I will give you a short version. This organization cares for the ill who have six months, or less, to live. This is a neat deal. Hospice prescribes some medicine that gives me comfort, and I (my helpmate, Scamp) goes to get it and it's free. Free is a very good price.

If you haven't been here when I was complaining, what I am dying of is COPD, a pulmonary disease brought on by 55 years of smoking. Howsomeever, I am not complaining much, because I think the doctors who think I am going to die in six months are off by, oh, six years.

There is a problem with this. If I don't die in six months, they might quit giving me the free medicine. This is a woe-maker, because some of this stuff costs more than $100 a month. And I don't get a lot of $100s a month each month.

So I guess the question is: Should I die before the money runs out?

The answer: Hell, no. Don't die at all!!

This is where it stands.

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite word today is death. N., the last part of the bell curve. Def.: Something men do before their wives because they want to. (Ho ho har de har har de har de har har. I crack myself up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment