Followers

Friday, June 01, 2007

I Get the News When.....When I Can?


Okay, just....whoa!...easy now...damn that hurts....Quit pulling!.....WTF?..... Buttwipe...

See, what you do is, on the first of the month you run a picture of a rabbit in distress and all the month you will have good luck. According to the Pez family of B**ggers, anyway. But I think it works: I am the luckiest man in the universe, having landed with my once wife, Scamp.

(I'm not sure the rabbit has to be in distress. But, what the hey?)

+ + + + + + + +

The First of the Month also calls for posting the winner of a Perfect Post award. This was invented by Momma K and Lucinda to reward "extra effort" by people who write so purty.

This month, my Perfect Poster is, once again, a humorist, who can be found at Holtie's House. He tells a tale about a pregnancy and a "middle wife". Go enjoy.

+ + + + + + + +

Now, then: A photographer for CNN was assigned to cover Southern California's wildfires last year. The smoke from the fires was so thick that taking pictures from ground level was impossible. So he got permission from his boss to charter a flight so he could take photos from the air.

He called the Local County Airport to charter a flight. He was told a single-engine plane would be waiting for him at the airport. Arriving at the airfield, he spotted a plane warming up. He jumped in with his bag, slammed the door shut, and then shouted "Let's go!"

The pilot taxied out, swung the plane into the wind and roared down the runway. Once in the air, the photographer instructed the pilot, "Fly over the valley and make two or three low passes so I can take some pictures of the fires on the hillsides."

"Why?" asked the pilot.

"Because I'm a photographer for CNN," he responded, "and I need to get some closeup shots."

The pilot was strangely silent for a moment, then finally stammered, "So, what you're telling me is, you're NOT my flight instructor?"

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite word today is reboot. N., something about computers, right? Def.: What you do at 2 a.m. when you have to get up to go to the outhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment