+ + + + + + + +
I am told that this makes your computer run faster. I wouldn't know: I don't have a dog.+ + + + + + + +
A b**g buddy of mine last posted in January. I have been checking on her site almost every day, religious-like. Finally I got an email saying she's back in business. If you know her, you know her as The Purple Lady. If you would like to visit and re-up with her, she's J & J's Mom.
+ + + + + + + +
Here's something I stole from Miss Cellania, who stole it from somebody else. It's pretty cute:
King Ozymandias of Assyria was running low on cash after years of war with the Hittites. His last great possession was the Star of the Euphrates, the most valuable diamond in the ancient world. Desperate, he went to Crosus, the pawnbroker, to get a loan.
Crosus said, "I'll give you 100,000 dinars for it."
"But I paid a million dinars for it," the king protested. "Don't you know who I am? I am the king!"
Crosus replied: "When you wish to pawn a star, makes no difference who you are."
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is generica. N., just things, in general. Def.: Features of the American landscape that are exactly the same no matter where one is, such as fast food joints, strip malls, and subdivisions.

No comments:
Post a Comment