Followers

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Single-Sitting Smorgasbord*

Two days ago was my 700th post. Hot damn. And I got at least two more in me.

+ + + + + + + +

Smarts. That's what that does.

+ + + + + + + +

Holey Moley! Let's go fishing in the flight path.

+ + + + + + + +

All the problems we face in the U.S. today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian. ~Pat Paulsen

+ + + + + + + +

Where you work ought to say something about what you do in life. For instance, in Grapevine, Texas, you wanna be a gossip columnist. And in Fairbanks, Alaska, you wanna be a loan officer.

+ + + + + + + +

The other day, Karen, of Jersey Tomatas, called me a "mensch". I was all ready to feel insulted, of course (you know how I can get in an instant umbrage), but I held my fire and probed deeplier. She did this in the course of lifting from my b**g, when she asked her readers to check me out. "Now I know," she wrote, "where all the mensches went."

Later on she offered this: "For those who need it, a mensch is someone to admire and emulate, someone of noble character. The key to being 'a real mensch' is nothing less than character, rectitude, dignity, a sense of what is right, responsible, decorous."

I ain't taking none of this to my head. But I do love being decorated.

+ + + + + + + +

Whatta you suppose got into Pinky, who was this animal farm's Cat of the Week? I think he is blowing his chances of getting adopted. Go here, to where it hurts.

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite word today is irritainment. N., hits me right where it itches. Def.: Entertainment and media spectacles (American Idol, Paris Hilton) that are annoying but you find yourself unable to stop watching them.

+ + + + + + + +

(* I don't know what this means, either. But it has a nice zing to it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment