Followers

Blog Archive

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Girls' Daytime Out

(Because of my changed cirumstances, posting will be hit/miss for awhile. Sorry about that, Chief.)

+ + + + + + + +

I have not totally given up on the idea of amassing a harem. Here I am at lunch with two of the finer candidates, Margaret (left) and Kristy.

It is great to get together with other b**ggers because they always teach you something. This time it was Margaret who suggested that anyone who is a parent of a 12-year-old will soon learn this: That the rolling of the eyes means "How did Mom ever get so stupid?" Margaret has had two 12-year-olds, and since has smartened up some.

Kristy is looking for work. She can do anything. Unfortunately, "Anything" is not a job title. But Kristy is bright as a penny, so not to worry.

On Aug. 22 I go to see Harem Candidate No. 3, who is Vicki Bennett of Outside In. I am catching Vicki at a bad time, since she is just moving into new digs in Chicago. Vicki is a princess who gave up her job, subordinating herself to her husband's new employment. Thus, the new carpet better be as advertised.

+ + + + + + + +

Here's a picture of the New Hoss. I am at Oysterville, WA, buying -- what else? -- oysters. Quick: Say three times promptly -- "A noise annoys an oyster." She shells she shells at the she shore.

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite word today is stolen. N., can you lift this? Def.: Differently acquired.

No comments:

Post a Comment