Followers

Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Living It Up

Many of you (one) have (has?) expressed interest in the fact that I moved out of The Old Folks Home. Here is the list of things that went wrong:

Maude Frickert died. She was the last person to love Bing Crosby.
Gravy is fattening.
Feelgood Haines got on my nerves.
My buddy Feelgood Haines has moved into my new place, too.
The new administrator is a Hawaiian. You ever hear somebody speak pidgin Hawaiian? No? She didn't either.
They finally washed the windows. I could see I was living in a swamp.
They wanted more money than I was willing to give. Ipso facto...

Here is where I live now. The door to my apartment (lower level, center) is partially hidden by the stairs to the neighbor lady's place. She has a friendly dog, one of those things that is not a chihuahua or a weenie dog. Earnest terrier?


This is where I sit. You can see I am reading Vicki's b**g, on accounta it is so perky. This is a mess, but I know where everything is, so up yours. Over to the left is my new scanner-printer-copier-fax. Most of it works.

Here's a picture of part of my living room. It is pretty boring. So am I. If you fart in a forest, and there's no one there to hear it, does it still smell?

This is my swell kitchen. Shown: My new coffee pot. Not shown: My new espresso maker. I cooked this morning for the first time in four years: eggs and toast. I am so clever. Also pretty, in case you have forgotten. Tonight: Red beans and rice.

This is a water color whipped up by my new girlfriend. I cannot tell you much about her, for she is shy. Just know that Ol' Hoss is supremely happy with this development. Oh, I can tell you this: She is VERY pretty.

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite word today is gargle. N., how Lister got rich. Def.: The reason you put a mirror on your bathroom ceiling -- so you can watch yourself in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment