Followers

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Thing That Goes Sorry in the Night

What I mean, is, I'm sorry I haven't published much lately. (This is a picture of me being sorry.) I am not sick, but I am not exactly well, either, so I have been going to this Doc and that Doc trying to get to be ordinary. Here's a sample:

9 a.m. -- Get new glasses. Cheap at Costco! Remove glasses when working at computer because my neck aches. Cheap is good, though.
10 a.m. -- Appointment with Dermatologist, who lays on me some 3M cream for a squamish cancer on my nose-bone. Claims it will fix me right up -- in six weeks!
11:15 a.m. -- Dr. Jimmy Dee, get cortisone shot for bad hip, which you didn't know about until now.
12:30 p.m. -- Get Tooth Dentist to grind a spot off my denture that is giving me fits.
2 p.m. -- Respiratory rehab, 9 weeks, twice a week.
3:30 p.m. -- Ear doctor, get new hearing aids. $1900 down the drain. (Well, only sort of, because I can now hear much better.)
4:15 p.m. -- Appointment with Stent Doc to see if new stent is in the right place (so far, so good). This replaces part of my abdominal aorta, which was, like, too wide, like.
4:30 p.m. -- Happy Hour, drown my sorrows.

+ + + + + + + +

Now then, since this is all about me, I have to tell you that Scamp and I will be moving in November. Lately we have been packing books. I have 4 books to pack, and I am nearly done. Scamp has 4,000 books to pack and she is ahead of me.

(What is she doing with a book about Brain Disease? Did she know I was coming?)

On the front porch right now is a "gift" from UPS -- a new Weber grill. Is burning propane good or bad for global warming?

We are going to get a 37" TV, provided the kids take my broad hint. Right now, Scamp has teevees all over the house, but none of the screens is bigger than 13", and one of them is only 4". You cannot show a legal-sized trout on a screen that small.

Feelgood has been sniffing around ("Where we moving off to, Hoss?"). This is why I haven't told you, either.

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite word today is Dubya. N., Texas weasel. Def.: Man given brain by mistake, since all he uses is his spinal cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment