I have this b**g friend named Kathleen who spent six weeks in the slammer trying to get over anorexia. They (Iowa State University) were supposed to let her go last Thursday, but she has not been in contact.So, Katy, either surface or I'm calling out the Mounties.
+ + + + + + + +
When I was in Michigan they tried to ply me with "pasties." This is pronounced so as to rhyme with Hasborough, I think. Anyway, it is some baked goodie with insides made up of rutabagas, russets, and roadkill. (Later on this year, I will be checking with Tisha to see if Texas has anything to rival the pastie. I know they got a lot of roadkill armadillo, but I am not sure whether they got any rutabagas.)
+ + + + + + + +
It is always darkest before the dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.
+ + + + + + + +
"He thought he had to be celibate to maintain the purity of his instrument, whereas I like to play mine from time to time." --Nicole Kidman, on why she divorced Tom Cruise.
+ + + + + + + +
British motorsport commentator Murray Walker:
"With the race half gone, there is still half the race to go."
And:
"He's lost both right front tires."
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is diplomacy. N., wait right there. Def.: The art of saying "nice doggie" until you can find a rock. (--Will Rogers.)

No comments:
Post a Comment