This rumination comes to you from an Assisted Living Facility, commonly known as an Old Folks' Home. This is just short of a Nursing Home, where decrepit people are even decreptier. I DID offer to nurse off our hot new night manager, but she said I was just "being penile." I wonder if she meant "senile"? Young people today don't got any educatiom...
Anyway, what I meant to do was to tell you about my exercise regimen. When you're as old as I am (think Methuselah) you want to try to stay in shape. (Come to think of it, I'm not sure why. Without exercising I am going to kick the bucket 10 minutes sooner? Bring it on.)
This is representative of my morning workout:
--Deep knee bends (putting on trousers)
--Crunches (putting on socks)
--Weightlifting (donning fleece-lined sweatshirt)
--Treadmill (4th trip to bathroom)
And I do this EVERY DAY! No wonder I'm so tired.
+ + + + + + + +
I think the general lack of exercise around here is what makes us lose our appetites. Meal after meal, you can look on our plates and see leftovers that would make a Sudanese weep. Barbecued pork sandwich: insides scraped out, half-eaten, bun left behind. Peas: buttered, then ignored. Squash: toyed with, declined.
This might be a good thing; the cook is slopping hogs in the kitchen.
+ + + + + + + +
I think I need a new job. And maybe I got one sorta lined up: Daughter said she'd pay me to quit writing on the internet. According to her, she said, "You're making a fool of yourself." With my bad hearing, I heard her say: "You're a jewel."
So why would I want to quit THIS job?
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(328)
-
▼
February
(27)
- Foiled Again and Foul of Mouth
- Attention Dementia Disorder
- Look for Me on TV
- I'm Exercised
- Just Another Day in the Life
- Things to Ponder
- I Strike It Rich
- Just Another Book Blogger
- Down the 'Jeopardy' Tubes; Plus: Chapter Three
- I'm on Jeopardy; Plus: Chapter Two
- Saving Social Security, Writing a Book
- Old People Get Hacked
- Oh, the Things We Hear
- We Call in the Law-Man
- The Restaurant Review
- Some of Us Never Get the Word
- Almost Time for the Big Day
- I'm in Fat City
- Let's Operate
- Meet Lester
- The (Really High) Cost of Living
- Slowpokes and Speed Demons
- Strange But True
- I'm Starving Here
- I'm as Sharp as TWO Tacks!
- Oldster's Version of a Mommy Blog
- Keeping Active
-
▼
February
(27)
Friday, February 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

don't listen to her!! Keep writing!! I need my daily dose of Hoss!!
ReplyDeleteI like to read your blog with Sean Connery's voice in my head.
ReplyDeleteTry it. It's fun.
Just tell your daughter to start her own blog to dismiss, correct or clear up yours. Kind of a balancing-out effect. But for chrissakes don't quit blogging!
ReplyDeletedon't quit! Your daughter needs to lighten up!!
ReplyDelete