Followers

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Keeping Active

In my Home Where the Average Age is 84, the administration decided to put in a sidewalk in the back 40. This was after two of us fell on the gravel and busted ourselves into smithereens.

Well, needless to say, this provided us with many hours of Activity. We got to watch the Pouring of the Cement! And the Drying of the Cement!

This was lots better than what we usually do, which is pitch pennies in the Activity Room. I am ahead. Paul Certain went broke the other day and borrowed off me, and now he owes me 6 cents. I think he's going to stiff me. Cheap bastard.

Anyway, before the cement got dry, Merle Hertz decided he'd scratch his name thereon. He said he tried this once when he was a kid; his dad caught him and whupped him with his razor strop (this is NOT a typo). I said I didn't want to be a party to his crime, so I went back to my room. Little later I went back outside and, sure enough, there scratched in the drying cement was this: M*Y* N*A*M*E*

Merle apparently was not going to risk another stropping, even if his Dad is dust by now. But I got to wondering: Did this make him an anonymous blogger?

And what about my 6 cents, Paul, you fuck.

1 comment: