The New York Times recently had a story about "mommy blogs" -- weblog stories by mothers of precocious children, all of whom will someday be President. A few of these are actually very good. Most are truly insipid. For example:
"7:14 a.m. -- My son Quincy the III was eager for his bath today, for some reason. Then I noticed him rubbing his rubber ducky on his wee wee. This was VERY upsetting; what if he turns into a rapist/serial killer? I would be SO embarrassed. His grandmother probably would cut him out of her will, which he is counting on to pay his way through hairdresser's school.
"7:20 a.m. -- I noticed there was cum on the rubber ducky. Oh, goodness, I opined to myself. Is he on steroids? Would he risk his baseball career just to get some early poon? Oh, readers, what should I do?"
And on and on, etc., ad infinitum. But what the heck. If this stuff sells, why can't we have an "Oldster's Blog -- Tales From The Home"? We can, and here it is:
6:30 a.m. -- I arose. Bones creak. Floor squeaks. Take a leak. Take a nap.
8 a.m. -- Read the newspaper. Failed to find my name in the obituaries for the 271,095th day in a row. Read story about papparazi trying to get pictures of Laura's bush.
9 a.m.-12 p.m. -- Nap. Sleep the sleep of the innocent.
Noon -- Lunch. Pretty good today -- green eggs and ham. Better than yesterday's owl pellets. Toothless Mary Typhoid complained that they forgot to puree her ham.
1-3 p.m. -- Nap. Tossed and turned. But, I wondered, turned into what?
3-5 p.m. -- Watched grass grow. Slow going today.
5 p.m. -- Dinner. Regurgitated catgut on toast, with a side of goose droppings. (I'm just guessing here.)
6-8 p.m. -- Nap.
8 p.m. -- Go to bed.
All in all, a busy day. I'm really tired. And tiresome.
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(328)
-
▼
February
(27)
- Foiled Again and Foul of Mouth
- Attention Dementia Disorder
- Look for Me on TV
- I'm Exercised
- Just Another Day in the Life
- Things to Ponder
- I Strike It Rich
- Just Another Book Blogger
- Down the 'Jeopardy' Tubes; Plus: Chapter Three
- I'm on Jeopardy; Plus: Chapter Two
- Saving Social Security, Writing a Book
- Old People Get Hacked
- Oh, the Things We Hear
- We Call in the Law-Man
- The Restaurant Review
- Some of Us Never Get the Word
- Almost Time for the Big Day
- I'm in Fat City
- Let's Operate
- Meet Lester
- The (Really High) Cost of Living
- Slowpokes and Speed Demons
- Strange But True
- I'm Starving Here
- I'm as Sharp as TWO Tacks!
- Oldster's Version of a Mommy Blog
- Keeping Active
-
▼
February
(27)
Wednesday, February 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment