Welcome back to Dementia Central. I took a nose count of the number of Old People in assisted living homes around the country so I invested in a crematory. Business is going to be good.
+ + + + + + + +
We had a fire drill yesterday. Random events:
-- Rudy Longfellow spent 15 minutes pushing "out" on his room door that swings "in."
-- Carolina Sister was delayed because "I never go out without lipstick and my hair combed, and I had to put on my Sunday best because there might be news photographers."
-- Judy Goldiblob, told to take "the nearest exit," argued that "my dearest exited long ago."
-- At this writing, Gretchen Howcome, who takes 4-inch steps, pause, push walker, etc., is still on her way out. On Day 2.
-- We all burned to death.
+ + + + + + + +
An old saying: "Energy can neither be created nor destroyed." Will whomever has the energy I used to have please send it back?
You ever notice how much it hurts when you crack your "funny bone"?
+ + + + + + + +
My job in the kitchen today was to milk the maggots. God I wish they'd fix the separator.
And lunch today is corned beef and skunk cabbage. Can't wait.
+ + + + + + + +
Nine people from The Home went to the local Indian Casino a couple days ago. Hazel Nutt told me some guys were playing a game called "Poop."
I thought for a minute, then said: "I think you mean craps."
Hazel: "Poop, craps, doodoo, dung, rabbit droppings, cow pies, horse apples -- it's still a shitty game. All those men throwing dice and lying."
Me: "Lying?"
Hazel: "Yes, there wasn't a woman around and those men kept saying 'I'm fucked!'"
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(328)
-
▼
February
(27)
- Foiled Again and Foul of Mouth
- Attention Dementia Disorder
- Look for Me on TV
- I'm Exercised
- Just Another Day in the Life
- Things to Ponder
- I Strike It Rich
- Just Another Book Blogger
- Down the 'Jeopardy' Tubes; Plus: Chapter Three
- I'm on Jeopardy; Plus: Chapter Two
- Saving Social Security, Writing a Book
- Old People Get Hacked
- Oh, the Things We Hear
- We Call in the Law-Man
- The Restaurant Review
- Some of Us Never Get the Word
- Almost Time for the Big Day
- I'm in Fat City
- Let's Operate
- Meet Lester
- The (Really High) Cost of Living
- Slowpokes and Speed Demons
- Strange But True
- I'm Starving Here
- I'm as Sharp as TWO Tacks!
- Oldster's Version of a Mommy Blog
- Keeping Active
-
▼
February
(27)
Thursday, February 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

They call it craps because that's what it scares out of you when you've bet the rent money.
ReplyDeleteVery funny. Loved the random bits about the fire drill.
ReplyDeleteI am LMAO as my mother is (for a short time) in a skilled nursing facility and I have been experiencing the other inmates, I mean residents. The ones around her are like the mutant toys in Sid's room in "Toy Story", they are quite entertaining.
ReplyDelete