You might think that here in the Land of the Arthritic and Rheumy, we are a bunch of kindly old codgers waiting for the Reaper, and joyfully welcoming visits from the grandkids. Wrong! We do not enjoy visits from snot-nosed knee biters. The little bastards carry around tons of germs, and their moms carry fetuses and no thanks. Yessir, we can get our hackles up.
The reason I'm bringing this up is because I have found on the Internet lots of web logs by people who are "ranting" about this and that -- Dan Rather, Paris Hilton, Buster Keaton and so forth. Well, see, in the 1940's nobody ranted. We "got hacked." As in, when somebody sipped out of your lemon milkshake you would say, "That hacks me off." Not only that, I don't see how somebody can rant but not also rave. And get ticked. Well, I want to join the crowd, so here are things I can't stand and that I'm going to rant and rave and express my hacked-offedness and ticked-offedness about in the days to come (probably not):
-- Dorks. (This is No. 1 on my list because a blogger friend of mine, Autumn at www.autumnville.com claims she copyrighted this word just yesterday -- a word I have been using for 50 years. If she likes it, I can hate it. So sue me.)
-- Rich people, poor people, immigrants, emigrants, children and dogs.
-- Fleas and the horse they rode in on.
-- Brown recluse and black widow spiders. Tarantulas get a pass.
-- The New York Yankees.
-- The New York Knicks.
-- Eveything associated with New York.
-- Centaurs.
-- People who won't legalize marijuana.
-- Don Ho. 'Ho's in general.
-- Boom boxes, black boxes, boxer shorts.
-- My next door neighbor.
-- Your next door neighbor.
-- Jim Nabors.
-- Jesus (Alou, not that other one).
-- Death.
-- Taxes.
-- Faxes.
-- UN, UFO, NASA, SEATO, NATO, ESP, ESPN, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, Alphabet Soup. IMLMAO.
Well, this is just a starter list (probably should add starter cars, starter homes and starter marriages). I really don't like much of anything. Now that I think of it, I'm working up a pretty good hate for hippopatumi.
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(328)
-
▼
February
(27)
- Foiled Again and Foul of Mouth
- Attention Dementia Disorder
- Look for Me on TV
- I'm Exercised
- Just Another Day in the Life
- Things to Ponder
- I Strike It Rich
- Just Another Book Blogger
- Down the 'Jeopardy' Tubes; Plus: Chapter Three
- I'm on Jeopardy; Plus: Chapter Two
- Saving Social Security, Writing a Book
- Old People Get Hacked
- Oh, the Things We Hear
- We Call in the Law-Man
- The Restaurant Review
- Some of Us Never Get the Word
- Almost Time for the Big Day
- I'm in Fat City
- Let's Operate
- Meet Lester
- The (Really High) Cost of Living
- Slowpokes and Speed Demons
- Strange But True
- I'm Starving Here
- I'm as Sharp as TWO Tacks!
- Oldster's Version of a Mommy Blog
- Keeping Active
-
▼
February
(27)
Wednesday, February 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, I love your starter list!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how to create a link in a post (duh), but if you come back to my blog and look on the blogroll, you'll see one called Memory Game. Clicking on that will take you to a blog by a guy who also claims to be 74.
Thanks very much for commenting on my blog today via Michele. 'Hope you remember how that story ends!:}
I fully understand, and agree, for that matter, with hatred of the Yankees.
ReplyDeleteBut ALL of NYC isn't THAT bad, after all, I was born there.
Damn I just lost that argument, didn't I??
Babs: Okay. ONE (1) exception duly noted.
ReplyDelete