Followers

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I'm Always Up for a Challenge

I previously gave you one of the British Foot in Mouth Award winners. Here's one more, actress Alicia Silverstone:

"I think that the film ['Clueless'] was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

+ + + + + + + +

Somebody sent me one of them pages of odd facts, like: "There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple and silver."

Hah! You think Ol' Hoss isn't going to challenge that?

They say nothing can rhyme with an orange.
I'm darn close with chickens that free-range.
It just goes to show,
To be in the know,
Trust Ol' Hoss who knows dirt ain't a dinge.

There's nothing that can rhyme with purple?
Well, there's acid that makes you go burple.
So never say never,
Hoss is too clever,
What he pours on his pancakes is syruple.

You can't make a rhyme out of silver?
You come pretty close with deliver.
But to make it exact,
Hoss has the ol' knack,
He says, "Hey, there's always Phil Silvers!"

+ + + + + + + +

Here's another useless fact:

The dot over the letter "i" is called a tittle. What is inside a woman's T-shirt is called a chest.

+ + + + + + + +

Here in The Old Folks' Home, our Alzheimer's unit is planning an event to be remembered.

+ + + + + + +

My favorite word today is magic. N., I lost count again. Def.: The additional riser someone adds to your stairs while you creep upward in the dead of night.

No comments:

Post a Comment