I told you a few days ago I would get some neat pix. This is Pic No. 1, which was supposed to be of a dragon fly. I guess you could embiggen this but I think the dragonfly flew off before I punched "take this picture." Just know that my heart was in the right place.(Off to the right is part of my buddy, Scamp. You know all I am going to tell you about her, except that she is not a dragon fly.)
+ + + + + + + + +
This is hot Pic No. 2, of a fish jumping in the Deschutes River south of Bend. See, you look about 12 feet off the bank, and that's where this fish was jumping. Apparently, my shutter speed is not as fast as I thought since I can't see the fish, either. But it was there. Was an easy 8 inches. Fish that size are golden around these parts.+ + + + + + + +
This is my best yet, pluperfect Pic No. 3. This is a photo showing where Mt. Mazama used to be. Mt. Mazama was about 14,000 feet tall when it blew its top 8,000 years ago, showering Indonesia and the local Indian population with ash. When all was said and done, it left this huge caldera where a deep, deep lake formed. It was not called Devil's Lake -- there are too many of those. No, it got a terrific name that had nothing to do with volcanoes: Crater Lake.If I get around to taking a picture of Crater Lake, you will be the first to see it. I am not likely to get a better picture of Mt. Mazama.
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is gush. N., What all young girls do when talking about their first love. Def.: Despite your best efforts, this is what occurs when you try to gently add an ingredient, like flour into a white sauce, tomato catsup on your french fries, or sperm into a human being. (--The Meaning of Liff.)

No comments:
Post a Comment