I usually don't put serious stuff on here, but bear with me just for a minute. There is this guy in Australia who has come up with a jimcrack of an idea based on his view of the UN, "which failed to achieve anything in the way of kerbing the (Saddam) atrocities while at the same time skimming off the funds."
"Why not just abandon the UN and start again? First condition of membership will be a freely elected government. Second condition would be a willingness to cooperate rather than obstruct. Why not call it the 'Coalition of the Willing'?"
A dandy idea. Put an Israeli type fence around the UN in New York. Set up the Coalition of the Willing in Oregon. Lots of smart people here, such as me. Viva la revolucion.
+ + + + + + + +
As regular readers know, Ol' Hoss is very interested in Making a Lot of Money. I got my reasons, one being that I'm not quite as rich as Bill Gates. But that's okay, because Bill's my buddy. If he weren't, I'd invent something to put him out of business. What's he got, some piddly little outfit called Microfit, or something? If I wanted, I could invent a deal called Giantsoft and it would be all over for Bill. But I got other irons in the campfire.
What I'm thinkin' of inventing is a board game. What we would have is a four-sided board with 10 spaces on each of the sides. The spaces would be blank. People could put their game pieces down on any of the spaces, throw some dice and move in either direction on the board according to the number they throwed. And just keep throwin' the dice and moving around the board, etcetera finitum. One can play, or 100 can play, makes no difference. Nobody collects any "Go" money because the game only has game pieces and dice, to cut costs.
The game never ends. Probably we'll need some folks in the wings to take over for the first peoople that get in the game, for they are likely to atrophy.
The game would be called "Monotony." Let me know what you think.
+ + + + + + + +
Perceived wisdom:
Spelling is a lossed art.
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(328)
-
▼
April
(29)
- Thank You and Good Grief
- A Bandwagon for Maxine
- I Am What I Am and Then Some
- Amounting to a Hill of Beans
- A Little of Everything
- This Is Kind of Sad, Folks
- Oh the Things I Could Have Been
- The Ancients Can Play Games, Too
- I Live and Learn, and So Do You
- Remembering Senior Skip Day
- The Discriminatory Hotels and Such
- Degenerate Dominoes
- Another Plan to Make My Pile
- The History Buff Strikes Again
- Things You Didn't Know Till Now
- I Figure That Liars Can't Figure
- Me and Roger
- "....Makes Hoss a Dull Boy"
- You Didn't Ask for This
- The Inventor You Know and Love
- How to Be Funny on the Internet
- We're So Embarrassed
- The History Ace; and All About 'Blogs'
- Kick My Damn Ass
- A Little Doobie Will Do Ya
- Hoss Gets a Lesson
- The Observant Hoss, and Hannibal
- How Hoss Became a Weiser Guy
- Making My Pile, Part 3
-
▼
April
(29)
Monday, April 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment