I had high hopes that the IRS would be different than the regular old government agency. The IRS I used to know was staffed with gentle, caring people, kind to a fault. But these new guys are nothing but goddamn bumble-dicking government dumb butts, sticking it to Old People in the Old Folks' Home.
What happened is that word of my $3 billion windfall from my buddy Bill Gates leaked out, and the IRS went for blood. Since I got that $3 billion in just one day, the IRS figures that I make that much EVERY day. So they got me down as making $1,095,000,000,000 a year. For you non-math types, that's a lot of money.
They not only took the $3 billion, but I am now in arrears, tax-wise. Fortunately, I was able to stuff my new gravestone into my shorts, so they didn't get that.
So, it's back to Making My New Pile. Which I desperate need. First thing you know I'll be 90 and only worth a million bucks, which ain't enough these days to get yourself cremated and scattered on the moon. Which I don't plan to do, but maybe I get my bones and my jones fired into a black hole, see what happens. I'll wave hello to Hubble on my way out.
As usual, I guess if I'm going to get rich I'll have to invent something, which comes easy for Ol' Hoss, like cold yogurt sliding off a hot watermelon.
So here's what I done. I done filed for my copyfranklloydwright and my patent pendergast on "Shrink-Wrapped Budweiser and Chips." Hey, this isn't funny.
Here's what it is (I can tell now that my pendergast is on file): You make up a bunch of bottles out of bacon cracklings, then fill 'em with Bud. Then you cap 'em and shrink-wrap 'em to keep the flavor in. Then when somebody gets a Bud they peel back the wrap, drink Bud and nibble on the cracklings till the whole thing is gone. Hoo boy! No recycling.
I won't hold the Budweiser people for ransom on this. I figure a penny a bottle royalty would be sufficient to bring me in some chump change, maybe $100,000 a day.
Might make enough to fly a lot of us to Andromeda. Might go south instead. I never been to Australia.
+ + + + + + + +
Back when I was telling you about nursery rhymes, in an earlier piece, I guess I forgot my alltime favorite:
"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Cinderella sat on his face."
Damn! I guess that don't rhyme, after all.
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(328)
-
▼
April
(29)
- Thank You and Good Grief
- A Bandwagon for Maxine
- I Am What I Am and Then Some
- Amounting to a Hill of Beans
- A Little of Everything
- This Is Kind of Sad, Folks
- Oh the Things I Could Have Been
- The Ancients Can Play Games, Too
- I Live and Learn, and So Do You
- Remembering Senior Skip Day
- The Discriminatory Hotels and Such
- Degenerate Dominoes
- Another Plan to Make My Pile
- The History Buff Strikes Again
- Things You Didn't Know Till Now
- I Figure That Liars Can't Figure
- Me and Roger
- "....Makes Hoss a Dull Boy"
- You Didn't Ask for This
- The Inventor You Know and Love
- How to Be Funny on the Internet
- We're So Embarrassed
- The History Ace; and All About 'Blogs'
- Kick My Damn Ass
- A Little Doobie Will Do Ya
- Hoss Gets a Lesson
- The Observant Hoss, and Hannibal
- How Hoss Became a Weiser Guy
- Making My Pile, Part 3
-
▼
April
(29)
Saturday, April 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment