I was lying in a snow bunker on a precipice high above a rock-strewn creek, penning with donned mittens my favorite word of the day. I felt movement below my gluteus maxima, and began crawling up the slope. The shoveled bunker in which I had been lying gave way, and tumbled a thousand feet below. I looked for my words, which would be frozen in time. There were no words, just rocks, snow, ice and boogers."I wonder," I said to no one, "if there's anything in Wikipedia."
(I did, indeed, have this dream. Boogers weren't in it, but they seem fitting because I am so flaky. Notice is given that BOTH Saturday and Sunday will become short shrift. Oh, not because of the dream; I can imagine anything, if I want. It's actually because I am needing more time to write and surf your stuff. I do not want to give up seeing what 100 or so of you have to say. So sue me.)
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today, which will not be frozen in time, either, is disappears. Adj., you notice that? Def.: What happens to the new car smell when you drive out of the dealer's parking lot.

No comments:
Post a Comment