Followers

Blog Archive

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Short Shrift Saturday #26

From an insurance company report:

"I was on my way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way, causing me to have an accident and damage my big end."

+ + + + + + + +

From a church bulletin: Members of the "Little Mothers Club" will meet at 2 p.m. Wednesday. Anyone wishing to become a "Little Mother" should see the pastor.

+ + + + + + + +

Aging is not for sissies.

+ + + + + + + +

Everybody here in this Old Folks Home has a black book. Every name has an M.D. after it.

+ + + + + + + +

Old trombonists never die. They just slide away.

+ + + + + + + +

A tribute to me: I am the ball bearing of life.

+ + + + + + + +

Today I am 75 and 238/365ths of the way toward my Salmon Day. That's when, after swimming upstream all my life, I kick the bucket.

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite phrase today is Asia Minor. N., you Turkey, you. Def.: A young Oriental.

No comments:

Post a Comment