Hopalong Cassidy and Ward Bond didn't shoot near enough Indians. There's still a bunch over at Grand Ronde, in Oregon, that need shooting. These are the ones that got a casino that us white-eyes visited yesterday.
Damn! If'n I was John Wayne I'd burn down their teepees (except they're all living in four-bedroom condos with maid service). I'd lead 'em to Badwater in Death Valley (except they got sweet water from the Yamhill River). I'd force-feed 'em firewater (except they don't allow that on the reservation anymore on account of they always wind up on the 12-Step).
I'd bury 'em up to their necks in anthills and slather 'em with honey. I'd run a herd of buffalo through their Wounded Knee & Barbecue Observance Picnic. I would run off their horses -- especially their 500-horsepower Lamborghinis and Ferraris.
You probably have figured out why I am so tight-up. I lost $8 at the Spirit Mountain Casino yesterday. Now for the rest of the month I'll have to shine my own damn shoes.
+ + + + + + + +
I guess I forgot to tell you that Carolina Sister was on the bus that took us to
Spirit Mountain. She also lost, but she didn't care. She bought Google at $85 and it's now $300.
"You know, Hoss," she said, "gambling is a gamble. I wouldn't recommend it for poor people like you."
Boy that pissed me off. Has anybody got revenge for the Custer thing yet?
+ + + + + + + +
My barber is really hard of hearing. The other day, I'm in his shop and for conversation I say, "I see Willamette University has got a rowing crew. I wonder what the kids have to weigh to make the cut." Guess what kind of trim he gave me.
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is internutted. n., microsoftese. Def.: The blinking at the bottom of the screen that tells you the Internet is working very hard on your problem and is not intending to connect you, but wants you to know how difficult this is.
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(328)
-
▼
June
(30)
- Having Dinner With Abe Lincoln
- It's Always All About Me
- An Adventure in Fine Dying and Dining
- Lookee What Hoss Finded
- Pretty As a Welsh Town
- Hoss Is Warming to the Task
- Names Were Made to Be Sold
- Interesting Experiences You Can Buy
- Hoss May Have a Girlish Figure
- My Kingdom for a Horsemeat
- Revising Ezekiel
- Doing What Comes Naturally: Dying
- Orcas Will Do Their All for Hoss
- Eclectic = Death, Inventions, Bigfoots
- To Keep On Keepin' On
- Good Grief! Hoss Had a Childhood?
- Here's Your Christmas Letter
- Go Meet an Artiste
- Bury These Guys on the Lone Prairie
- Time Waits for No Hoss
- Movies of Which I'm Partial To
- The Things That I Could Tell You
- Speaking Up to Make My Pile
- Warning: A Change of Pace
- This Is Not About a 20-Mule Team
- You Won't Be Here Very Long
- I Am So Relaxed
- Is This Idea Any Stinking Good?
- That's Interesting, Hoss. Not.
- Food for Thought & Explaining Hoss
-
▼
June
(30)
Sunday, June 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment