Followers

Blog Archive

Friday, July 22, 2005

B**gger Has Been Hungry Lately

I have noticed that pretty often people complain that the B**gger service "ate" their posts. And it is always the best thing they have ever, ever written. These were pieces that Hemingway and Booth Tarkenton would have been proud to claim, probably. We will never know, of course, for they are gone with the wind and the rain. What's really too bad, though, is that B**gger didn't also eat their replacement posts. (Hoo boy! Hoss 1, Writers Who Got Ate 0).

+ + + + + + + +

Yesterday in this space Feelgood Haines told us the history of pelvic crabs and sea lions (as I recall). And I ran a picture of the Oregon Sea Lion Caves. Only the picture was of something else. My guess is that B**gger ate my original picture and subbed a cartoon. Anyway, here is the thrilling picture of the Sea Lion Caves I meant to post yesterday. It's just a scenic, so you don't need to look at it if you don't want to. Instead, just take advantage of that little box up in the right-hand corner that says "Next Blog." That's what I'd do.

+ + + + + + + +

I am being visited in droves by people who want to take a gander at the goose who writes in this place. (For those of you who don't know much about movin' cattle, "droves" is anything I say it is, and in this case it is two.)

I will tell you about the second of these in a few days after she sends me a picture. The first visitor was Tammy Boo, who is from Maine. She flew out to Washington State to visit an Iraq veteran with whom she has become acquainted, and noodled on down Interstate 5 to Salem to see Ol' Hoss, which was kind of her indeed.

Boo: "I wonder if you could give me an autograph."

Hoss: "Sure. What you want me to say?"

Boo: "To Tammy, with love, Elvis Presley."

+ + + + + + + +

I am not here again today. I have guest posted over at Spazzymoto's Revenge. This site is run by a 33-year-old lass who has apilepsy and makes fun of herself about it. She asked me to bring the quality of her page down a couple of notches, which is what Ol' Hoss has done.

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite word today is saintly. Adv., too good to be true. Def.: Carrying elephant shit in your pocket in hope that you will see a dung beetle in need of feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment