The headline of this piece has nothing to do with its content, as usual. I'm just checking to see if there is anybody in the world who does not know how to make a root beer float.
+ + + + + + +
This is "short-shrift Saturday," where I do my worst work because nobody comes to visit on Saturday because they're not at work. People only surf the Internet when they're at work.
Ho ho har de har har. One of the finest tongue-in-cheek stories of the year comes, of course, from Great Britain, where a newspaper is reporting on sales of women's thongs:
"Sales of thongs remain firm among women aged 25 and under....But demand from older women continues to sag."
The headline? "Bottom Falling Out of Thong Market."
For this I am indebted to my buddy Shane. The whole story is here.
+ + + + + + + +
My buddy Laura recently axed a guy from her b**groll on account of he was excessively nasty about Chelsea Clinton. Excessively. Good for her.
This reminds me of something. I am going to axe from my Geriatric Ward anybody who has the temerity to demean pay toilets. There is a lot of money in pay toilets. So don't be pissing on pay toilets and you'll be okay in my book.
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is collection. N., cleaning up. Def.: The tiny bottles of shampoo and the cheap shower caps that you have brought home from motels and keep forgetting to use.
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(328)
-
▼
August
(31)
- Your 'Can't Miss' Motion Picture for 2005
- I'll Be Right Back
- How to Break Up a Picnic
- Would You Like to See Some Justice Done?
- I Believe Everything I Read
- Blame It All on Me
- Be Happy: Give Hoss Your Lunch Money
- Don't Bury Me Deep on the Lone Prairie
- Songs You Ain't Hardly Heard Of
- Advertise Your B**g on the Hoss Channel
- Hot Damn! Hoss Is Off on a Rant!
- Harvest Moon, or Moon the Harvest?*
- It's Always Just Right in 'The Home'
- A Birthday Is Followed by Pestilence
- 10 Commandments and Amendments
- Where Do Jersey Cows Come From?
- I'm in Connecticut Today
- Tenting Tonight on the Old Campground
- How to Make a Root Beer Float
- Sister Makes Leaving Pay Off
- But You're Probably Clueless
- Cerebral Is as Cerebral Does
- I Can Do It For You Wholesale
- The Color of Hoss
- The Well Runneth Dry
- I'm Not Here This Morning
- Once More Unto the Breach
- The Good, the Bad and the Indifferent
- Slug Bait for Dinner*
- Truckin' on Down to Shantytown*
- Salem History and Then Some
-
▼
August
(31)
Saturday, August 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment