I can only say, in self-defense, that I posted 11 times yesterday at Wisconsin Chris's Blogathon charity deal, and I have not had time to patrol the halls here at the Old Folks' Home. Consequently, I don't know who has died recently, or how funny it was. Some people die off better than others; I only report on the most interesting ones.
I guess all I can tell you today is about this guy, www.thenonist.com, who has written a piece about Internet writers and suggested we go all introspective. He asks, for instance, "Why do we b**g? Is it really still fun?"
Here's the summation of his little pamphlet:
B**gging "need not ruin lives or waste perfectly good URLs."
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is depilatory. N., pretty hairy. Def.: What you'd like to buy for the girl with great legs, but don't dare.
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(328)
-
▼
August
(31)
- Your 'Can't Miss' Motion Picture for 2005
- I'll Be Right Back
- How to Break Up a Picnic
- Would You Like to See Some Justice Done?
- I Believe Everything I Read
- Blame It All on Me
- Be Happy: Give Hoss Your Lunch Money
- Don't Bury Me Deep on the Lone Prairie
- Songs You Ain't Hardly Heard Of
- Advertise Your B**g on the Hoss Channel
- Hot Damn! Hoss Is Off on a Rant!
- Harvest Moon, or Moon the Harvest?*
- It's Always Just Right in 'The Home'
- A Birthday Is Followed by Pestilence
- 10 Commandments and Amendments
- Where Do Jersey Cows Come From?
- I'm in Connecticut Today
- Tenting Tonight on the Old Campground
- How to Make a Root Beer Float
- Sister Makes Leaving Pay Off
- But You're Probably Clueless
- Cerebral Is as Cerebral Does
- I Can Do It For You Wholesale
- The Color of Hoss
- The Well Runneth Dry
- I'm Not Here This Morning
- Once More Unto the Breach
- The Good, the Bad and the Indifferent
- Slug Bait for Dinner*
- Truckin' on Down to Shantytown*
- Salem History and Then Some
-
▼
August
(31)
Sunday, August 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment