Followers

Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Money-Making Scheme No. 302

My guess is that there's money to be made in the songwriting business. Well, you don't make any money writing songs, because anybody can do that: Rhyme June with moon and spoon 'n shit and you got a best seller. No, what I was thinkin' was the lawsuits you can get goin' when somebody rips your tune off the Internet.

Lots of people steal tunes they don't even like, just to be stealin'. What they're really after is those one-of-a-kind tunes that nobody else has got, so they can brag up the neighborhood. Well, let me tell you, I have wrote a lot of those one of a kind musicales. For instance, have you ever heard this one?:

"I Got Ahead of You on the Way to the Head, You Pinhead"

The thing to do is think of songs about subjects nobody else has thought of. I'm sure I have in me a nice song about honing knives:

"With my carborundum in me hand,
"I hone to beat the band.
"And when you see me on the phone,
"I'm called away from my old hone.
"It's a call from a bill collector named Bill,
"I told him come on over and watch me use my sharp knives to cut your arms off, Bill."

"Tra la la boomp-de-a
"Tra la la boomp-de-a, etc."

I got more good ones like that, but the way people steal off the Internet scares me. One of these days I'll see some bozo on the street with his boom box, playing a song that's still in my head.

+ + + + + + + +

The pessimist: "The glass is half-empty."
The optimist: "The glass is half-full."
The engineer: "You got more glass than you need for the job."

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite word today is finis. N., an incomplete word meaning "finish". Def.: When you see the cymbal player coming back from a smoke break, you know the tune the orchestra is playing is about to come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment