"I speak plainly sometimes, but you've got to be mindful of the consequences of the words. So put that down. I don't know if you'd call that a confession, a regret, something." -- George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan 10, 2005."It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." -- Same guy.
But, hey, that's a lot clearer than what former Arizona Gov. Evan Mecham once had to say:
"I think today that a few remarks that I might make, we go back to the relationship in this great nation with the people who was the foundation of America, the people they've paid such a price that we may enjoy the blessings of enjoyment that we have, has been spoken this morning."
+ + + + + + + +
As Billy Wilder may have said to the rapper: "You have Van Gogh's ear for music."+ + + + + + + +
"A blind man walks into a shop with a guide dog. He picks up the dog and starts swinging it around his head. A clerk calls out: "May I help you, sir?" The blind guy says, "No thanks, I'm just looking around." (--English magician Tommy Cooper.)
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is wretched. Adj., try, try again. Def.: Descriptive of your passport photo, regardless of the number of sittings you have.

No comments:
Post a Comment