FOR SALE OR RENT: Congressman Joe Schneid. 8-term congressman with powerful committee slots (Appropriations, Agriculture, Defense). Log-rolling specialist. Adept at placing your needs well up on the Christmas tree. Past successes include $500,000 grant for study of porn’s effect on the porn industry; $6 million for takeover of unfunded pension liability of Bubba Bob’s Auto Wrecking; $1.1 billion to cover lawsuits against defense contractors who failed to armor armored vehicles; $400 million subsidy of tobacco farmers; $400 million for medical costs of smokers; $14 million for sponsorship of Iowa State Ear Wig Races. Available by the hour or by the project. No job too small because that’s The American Way. PH: 202-555-4444.
+ + + + + + + +
A college teacher reminds her class of tomorrow’s final exam.
“Now, class, I won’t tolerate any excuses for you not being here tomorrow. I might consider a nuclear attack or a serious personal injury or illness, or a death in your immediate family. But that’s it: No other excuses whatsoever,” she says.
The smart ass in the back of the room asks, “What would you say if I said I was suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion?”
“Well, then,” says the teacher, “I guess you’d have to write the exam with your other hand.”
+ + + + + + + +
A truck driver comes upon a sign saying “Low Bridge Ahead.” Well, it certainly was, and his trailer got stuck.
A police officer arrives and says, to belabor the obvious, “Got stuck, huh?”
“No,” said the trucker. “I was delivering this bridge and ran out of gas.”
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is oblivious. Adj., I know you’ll be fascinated.. Def.: Descriptive of the gentleman who thinks you need to know everything about his recently successful bowel movement.
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(285)
-
▼
February
(28)
- Hoss Goes Back to Work
- My Contribution to Epic TV
- Short Shrift Sunday #16
- Short Shrift Saturday #16
- I've Been Working on the Railroad
- Well, Let's See....
- How Not To B**g
- The Best Defense
- The Principle of the Thing
- Short Shrift Sunday #15
- Short Shrift Saturday #15
- On Being a Hobo
- A Different World
- Some of This, Some of That
- Feb. 14 -- A Most Auspicious Day
- Today, I Am Over With the Dude
- Short Shrift Sunday #14
- Short Shrift Saturday #14
- Gifts From My Pals
- It's Like a Refresher Course
- A Sure-Fire Way to Get Rich
- I Knew the Guru
- Joe Can Get It for You Wholesale
- Short Shrift Sunday #13
- Short Shrift Saturday #13
- Life's Guilty Pleasures
- I Went Back to Connecticut
- What's With All the Rabbits?
-
▼
February
(28)
Monday, February 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment