Followers

Blog Archive

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Short Shrift Saturday #14

Lent is coming up. And that means "What are you GIVING UP?" Here are some candidates:

Smoking. Drinking. Carousing. Putting the move on your cousin. Krispy Kremes. Double caramel marshmallow lattes. Chocolate-dipped Dung Beetles.

Listen. Here is what I have already given up for Lent: One appendix, one prostate. One (two?) tonsils. But I am not done. If anybody needs 'em, here's what I got left to give up for Lent and it wouldn't hurt a bit:

1. Spleen
2. Gall bladder
3. Kidney
4. Eye (but don't take my good one)
5. Arm and/or leg (depends on price of gas)
6. Lincoln Logs

+ + + + + + + +

My favorite phrase today is "oh, well." Adv., sigh of passiveness. Def.: What the person says who has just loaded 13 items on the "10-items-limit" conveyor.

No comments:

Post a Comment