Several days ago I was talking to my buddy Tisha, a physical therapist who was injured in the line of duty. I asked if her husband and daughter were now doing the cooking."No," she said. "They did volunteer to phone to have the pizza brought in."
But Tisha had to look up the number.
+ + + + + + + +
The bride-to-be and her best friend are discussing the wedding. The friend says, "If you want an unforgettable wedding night, get him to eat a dozen oysters after the ceremony."
A week later, the friend asked how things went. "Pretty good," said the bride, "but only eight of them worked."
(A thank-you to my new Aussie buddy, Peskie.)
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is desperation. Adj., help me, God. Def.: Descriptive of the stricken look on the face of a husband who has just been asked, "Do I look fat in this?"

No comments:
Post a Comment