At one time in my life, I thought I had a handle on the meaning of the word "service". It can be defined as "The act of doing things for other people."Then we came across these terms which use "service":
Internal Revenue Service
Postal Service
Telephone Service
Civil Service
Customer Service
Service Stations
Hah! Service Stations my butt. I know better.
And so it was no surprise, really, when I overheard some farmers talking. One of them said he had paid a stud fee to have a bull "service" a few of his cows.
So it has all come into focus. We now know what those "service" agencies are doing to us. I don't suppose you feel any better.
(This little tale was handed to me by Judy, known to you as kenju.)
+ + + + + + + +
Thomas Jefferson: "The natural order of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground."
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is beer. N., for he's a jolly good fellow. Def.: Propellant of conversation.

No comments:
Post a Comment