See, in Texas, women work outside the home. Then they do all the cooking, laundering, washing, child-rearing and toenail trimming. But this is okay because men are busy with the golf and resting up from having to work to bring home almost as much money as the women.This is NOT TRUE in the household where I am presently immersed. Walt -- Tisha's husband -- is an excellent husband and provider and child-rear. But it is true in every other household, where they got names like Bubba and Boy John and Jim Bob Hambleton, who will sell you some insurance.
Walt took me golfing today -- he golfed and I watched. The boy needs some lessons. Not in golf. In driving. He goes so fast down the highway I barely have time to think about what we're seeing. Like, Red Haven Lumber, whose sales office is made of brick.
So there is an election going on here. It is different than in Oregon, where the top vote-getter in the primary is the party's candidate in the fall election. Here, if you don't get 50.+ percent in the primary you have a runoff. So Walt's dad, Larry Cowling, is in a runoff with Carolyn Coleman for state representative. The election is Tuesday.Now all of you know I am not much on prayer. However, that only applies to me, not to you. So if you got any prayers on you, send one up for Larry. It isn't that Carolyn is bad; she is just not as good. Even if she does do floors.
Larry took me out for dinner. I had frog legs and Rocky Mountain Oysters.*
(*I didn't want to put in this post what Rocky Mountain Oysters are, because a lot of little kids read this b**g. So that's why I am not telling you that Rocky Mountain Oysters are calf nuts.)
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is brassies. N., no, that's not even close. Def.: The way Tisha pronounces the place we are going for dinner, which is Bryce's.

No comments:
Post a Comment