I had a nice day yesterday. Went up to the second floor of the Old Folks' Home and played a little pool with some of the inmates. The table has a bad slant to the left, and I told the other guys that it must have been built by Democrats. Heh heh. Nobody else laughed. We need a pencil sharpener.
What we got today is More About Me:
47. When I was in high school I had to write a 1,500-word essay. I asked my teacher for a topic. He said, "Write about youth in Asia." That sounded like an awful big topic to me, there bein' so many different kinds of kids over there -- Russkies, Wild Turkeys, Burma Roads, Mandarin Oranges. So I wrote about the Great Depression. I think I was in college before I found out about "euthenasia."
48. Now I live in the only state where a form of euthenasia is practiced. It's called Death With Dignity. If you have a lot of pain and you're within 6 months of going tits up, you can get a prescription that will have you holding a lily on your chest within 30 minutes. Over 200 people have opted out of this vale of tears via barbiturate in 7 years. I think it's a good plan. Why the hell not? I plan to reincarnate anyway.
49. I have learned to be very tolerant of other people. My daughter reads Tarot cards on the Internet. It's phony baloney but I can't help it if people wanna be believers. I might have been crazy once myself -- I have this vague feeling that I was once reincarnated as Charles Manson. This is why I always vote against graffiti written in blood.
50. I also knew some gypsy boys who had crystal balls. Hoo boy, they hated to get kicked in the nuts.
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is two words in one: ransack. Those are hard to come by.
+ + + + + + + +
My good buddy Shane is an Englisher, for which he has apologized over and over so we've gotten quite close. He occasionally gives advice based on your Zodiac. Here's the latest for me, a Libra:
"Convince someone with good self-esteem there's nothing wrong with them."
All of his advisories are fun like that. Go get yours.
+ + + + + + + +
Bret says:
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(328)
-
▼
May
(31)
- Flowering Plants Find a Hero
- Hoss, the Unmatched Matchmaker
- Things Are Always Slow on Sunday
- Boy Howdy, This Is Strange Stuff
- Paying for the Milky Way Trip
- Look Out Folks; She's Gonna Blow
- In Re: Hoss, Who Loves State Songs
- Hoss Gets Hit With Another Meme
- I Tell You About My Music, Not
- Hoss Brings You More Mate Stottos
- Good Lines and Motto Lines
- You Want Mottos? We Got Mottos
- Maxine Solves an Economic Conundrum
- A Bunch of Piss-Poor Writin'
- Hoss Is SO Interesting
- There Is Nothing Here About Anything
- Back in the Saddle Again
- Take a Minute to Vote for Alli
- Symbols of Oregon
- Inventions Wanted
- Can Ol' Hoss Get a Job?
- More of Many Things About Hoss
- Bigfoots: Mr. and Mrs. Everyman
- Punch Bowl Is Callin' My Name
- 'See Spot Run' and Other Books I Read
- Here Is Your Math Lesson
- Seeking the Fountain of Youngness
- I Think Ol' Hoss Is Getting Silly
- I Love Me Best of All
- The Women Are Picking on Me
- Giggling Permitted; Also Yawning
-
▼
May
(31)
Sunday, May 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment